Need to hire or train staff? Work with Uxbridge College and choose an apprenticeship scheme that works for your business.
An Apprenticeship is a combination of employment and work-based qualification. Apprentices are employed by you, paid a small wage and spend most of their time in your workplace gaining job specific skills, plus attend college (usually one day per week) to study their qualification. If you are looking to hire new staff or train your existing employees, apprenticeships are a great way to gain fresh talent and keep staff costs lower. As the largest college provider of apprenticeships in west London we work across 20 different industries and help you to make the most out of the Apprenticeship Scheme. We will screen candidates and assist you with the recruitment of new apprentices or enable your existing employees to become apprentices.
With the introduction of the government's Apprenticeship Levy, talk to us about how we can help you plan your recruitment.
How Apprenticeships Work
Your business benefits from:
- Recruitment of new staff or train existing employees in a cost effective manner
- Improve your recruitment policy, resulting in higher staff retention and loyalty
- Build a qualified workforce with specialist skills to suite your present and future business needs
- Providing increased productivity and a financial return on investment
- Improving customer service results
- Work with the largest College provider of apprenticeships in West London with over 50 years of experience.
- 96% employers say that their business has benefitted from the apprenticeship programme
- 84% are very happy with the apprenticeship training programme
- 7 out of 10 (72%) employers say apprenticeships improved their product or service quality
- 8 out of 10 (81%) businesses saying they would recommend them to friends or other employers
- 8 out of 10 (80%) employers surveyed said that they planned to continue offering apprenticeships.
- They cover 100% of the cost of Apprenticeship training if the apprentice is aged 16–18 year olds
- Up to 50% of the cost of the training if the apprentice is aged 19 – 24
- A contribution to the cost of the training if the apprentice is aged 25 or older.
Recruiting an Apprentice
- Put your new or existing staff on an apprenticeship scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Select an Uxbridge College candidate as an apprentice.
Apprenticeships Offered at Uxbridge College
||Cookery – Professional
||Health & Social Care
||Hospitality & Catering
||Sales & Residential Property
||Social Media & Digital Marketing
||Sports & Fitness
||Warehouse & Storage
Our qualifications encompass Level 2 – Intermediate Apprenticeship (equivalent to five GCSE passes), Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (Equivalent to two A-Level passes) and Level 4 – Higher Apprenticeship (equivalent to HNC’s & HND’s)
|The government is introducing the apprenticeship levy to help fund three million new apprenticeships by 2020. The levy will be applied to all industries in the UK, replacing all apprenticeship funding currently provided by the government for companies of all sizes.
With the introduction of the government’s Apprenticeship Levy, we can help you get ready for the new levy and help you to maximise the apprenticeship programme. With over 50 years of experience, Uxbridge College can help develop an apprenticeship scheme that fits well with your recruitment strategy, drive your company forward, increase productivity and address your future skills gaps.
We will help you make the most out of the apprenticeship levy, by recruiting apprentices to provide the skilled talent your business needs.
For frequently asked questions click here to find out more.
Levy Infographic Here
For further information or to discuss your requirements, contact Uxbridge College Employer Services on:
01895 853786 | 01895 853780