A Guide for Parents, Guardians & Carers
At Uxbridge College we want you to be involved in your son or daughter's studies. It is important that you are informed and support them at this critical stage in their life. We know that there is more to choosing a course than simply picking a subject. A young person's choice with regard to their future studies is part of a bigger decision about their career. Please click here for a copy of our Guide for Parents, Guardians and Carers.
Safeguarding and Prevent
Children and young people have a right to expect the College to provide a safe and secure environment and a fundamental right to be protected from harm. Please click here for further details.
Raising the Participation Age (RPA)
The government has increased the age to which all young people in England must continue in education or training. From 2015 young people must stay in education or training until the end of the academic year in which they turn 18. Find out more about RPA and how Uxbridge College can help young people to make informed choices by clicking here.
Why choose Uxbridge College for your child?
- We have the highest success rates in London for 16-18 year old and 19+ students. The data was published in April 2015 by the Skills Funding Agency in their Education and Training National Success Rate Tables.
- Qualified lecturers with industry experience ensure a stimulating and enriching learning experience designed to inspire and get students to fulfil their individual potential.
- Excellent progression to Higher Education each year, including to some of the top universities.
- A strong support network giving students all the help they need to succeed.
- Regular parents evenings are held to keep you informed about their progress.
- State-of-the-art facilities - over £50 million invested in campus developments last few years, including a new sports hall, fitness suite, increased social spaces and a £5m IT & Media block with the latest technology and equipment for these exciting industries.
- We ensure that student safety and welfare is paramount.
- We take learning seriously and have a student charter and policies in place to ensure students are treated fairly.
- The College shows a strong 'value added' profile, which means no matter what qualifications a student enters with, we maximise the chances of success.
Click here for a copy of our Frequently Asked Questions for Parents & Carers.
A successful college
Uxbridge College has been judged outstanding by Ofsted - the highest grade they can give.
We offer a great range of courses in many subject areas and across many different levels. Students can study A Levels, vocational qualifications, that provide practical training for real jobs, and higher education courses. Please click here to find out more about the courses we offer.
Our annual post Level 3 options evening provides students and parents with information to help plan their future, whether that is staying on to study an HNC/D at the College, going to university, taking an apprenticeship or going to work. Please click here for our information booklet providing lots of advice and links to useful information.
Get in touch
Along with keeping parents informed, we also welcome contact from parents and encourage you to contact the College with any issue relating to your child. If you would like to get in touch please contact Gavin Hughes, Director of Student Services on 01895 853333.