Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty & Spa Therapy
Who is the course for
This Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty & Spa Therapy aims to provide you with a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge, which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the Beauty & Spa Therapy Industry.
Achievement of this qualification demonstrates to an employer that you have the skills and knowledge of health & safety, customer service and also have the necessary advanced technical skills such as body massage, body and facial electrotherapy to be employed as a Senior Beauty/Spa Therapist.
This qualification covers a very wide range of practical skills and knowledge required for working in the beauty and spa therapy industry.
These are compulsory areas:
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Provide dry spa treatments
Optional areas include:
- Provide Indian head massage
- Tanning treatments
- Apply individual semi-permanent lash treatments
We work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers. This practically based training is ideal preparation for gaining employment in the beauty or spa therapy industry or specialist further study.
3/4 days per week.
Theory lessons to cover all theoretical aspects of each unit and Anatomy and Physiology.
Practical lessons in our purpose built commercial salons to train in all aspects of each unit.
How is the course assessed
Overall final grading of Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Synoptic Assessment - final year end practical assessment
- External Assessment â final year end written assessment
Where next - Further Studies
The learner could progress into employment or onto a Level 4 qualification in Advanced Techniques or Management, such as such as:
- Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could lead to a job as a senior beauty/spa therapist working in one of the following establishments:
- Beauty salon
- Cruise ship
- Hotel salon
Last updated: 29 June 2016
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Wed 31 August 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00