Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty & Spa Therapy
Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification.
Who is the course for
This Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty & Spa Therapy aims to provide you with a range of specialist technical practical skills and knowledge, which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the Beauty & Spa Therapy Industry.
Achievement of this qualification demonstrates to an employer that you have the skills and knowledge of health & safety, customer service and also have the necessary advanced technical skills such as body massage, body and facial electrotherapy to be employed as a Senior Beauty/Spa Therapist.
This qualification covers a very wide range of practical skills and knowledge required for working in the beauty and spa therapy industry.
These are compulsory areas:
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Provide dry spa treatments
Optional areas include:
- Provide Indian head massage
- Tanning treatments
- Apply individual semi-permanent lash treatments
We work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers. This practically based training is ideal preparation for gaining employment in the beauty or spa therapy industry or specialist further study.
3/4 days per week.
Theory lessons to cover all theoretical aspects of each unit and Anatomy and Physiology.
Practical lessons in our purpose built commercial salons to train in all aspects of each unit.
How is the course assessed
Overall final grading of Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Synoptic Assessment - final year end practical assessment
- External Assessment â final year end written assessment
Where next - Further Studies
Courses in holistic therapies, body electrical treatments, epilation and sports massage, a Teacher Training course, Level 3 ILM First Line Management course or one of our part-time courses.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You can gain employment as a beauty therapist in beauty salons, health spas, hotels, or open your own salon.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00