Introduction to Make-Up
Who is the course for
This two day course, studied over two weeks has been designed for those people who want to
learn the principles of make-up application which could lead to a career in make-up artistry.
Every good make-up application needs to start with an excellent skin care regime, so you will
learn how to diagnose skin types and conditions which will lead to advising the clients and
increasing your knowledge on the best products to use. You will also learn the basics for a day
make-up application and can progress onto the Intermediate Make-Up course.
Two day delivery.
Day one: Skin care
- Health and Safety
- Contra indications
- Skin care products and their uses
- Correct procedure to perform basic facial, including mask application
- Skin analysis
- Diagnose skin types and correct skin care products
Complete Knowledge check.
Day two: Day make-up application
- Product training
- Colour theory
- Demonstration for basic make-up
- Learners to prep skin using previous knowledge
- Complete day make-up application
Complete Knowledge test
For further information please contact our Information, Advice and Guidance team on 01895 853333.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.