Building Services and Plumbing
Prepare for a career in this varied industry, covering plumbing, electrics and air conditioning maintenance. Underpin your practical skills with knowledge of the latest industry practice plus essential health and safety units.
What's it like in Building Services & Plumbing?
- Develop your practical skills in our dedicated plumbing and electrical workshops, featuring the latest equipment, and combine this with theory lessons using industry-standard training materials.
- Learn from expert staff with experience of working in plumbing, electrical and building services industries.
- Practise your plumbing skills in our mock bathroom and boiler rooms.
- Find out about advances in renewable energies and make sure you are ahead of the game.
- Learn about the latest techniques through visits from industry experts and take part in competitions to showcase your skills.
- Progress onto higher-level courses, apprenticeships or into good jobs.
- Benefit from links with well-known companies including Balfour Beatty Construction, Beard Construction, Kier Construction, Bristan, JTL, Arri Lighting, Mira and Stuart Turner.
"The facilities are amazing – we are learning in the new workshops, which have state-of-the-art equipment. I would definitely recommend the College to my family and friends, as my learning experience has been enjoyable and fulfilling."
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
Specialist Home Automation Courses
The college has teamed up with Domotics UK Ltd – a specialist integrated controls and automation consultancy to address the serious skills shortages in the building sector. The requirement for sustainability through integrated controls will become a mandatory requirement for all new builds and will form part of the 2016 Building Regulations. The college offer consists of a short CPD course which highlights what is possible though home automation; and a more detailed course which covers the design and implementation of these systems.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.