EAL Level 1 Diploma in Building Services Engineering (BSE) Multi-Skilled Operations
4 GCSEs at grade E or above including English, maths and science.
A very good school report showing attendance over 90%, good punctuality, behaviour and attitude.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for people thinking about a career in buildings services engineering - perhaps maintaining air conditioners or working as an electrician or a plumber.
Need some practical experience to make a career decision? These 1-year introductory qualifications cover 4 areas of building services engineering; Plumbing, Electrical Installation, Heating and Ventilating and Refrigeration and Air-conditioning.
Core units include:
- Introduction to BSE (Building Services Engineering)
- Understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of:
-safe working practices in BSE
-environmental protection measures within BSE
-scientific principles within BSE
-refrigeration and air conditioning operations
-electrical installation operations
-heating and ventilation operations
Lectures, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignments.
How is the course assessed
You'll be assessed on your practical skills and the knowledge you gain, by City and Guilds GOLA Online multiple choice test.
Where next - Further Studies
Once you have successfully completed this qualification you can progress onto any of these qualifications.
- 2357 Level 3 Diploma in electro-technical technology
- 6187 Level 2 and 3 NVQ Certificate/Diploma in Refrigeration and air-conditioning
- 6188 Level 3 NVQ Certificate/Diploma in heating and ventilating
- 6189 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and heating installation.
Where next - Job Opportunities
These qualifications don't lead directly to a job, but they prepare you to start other qualifications. After taking another qualification, you could choose to work as:
- an electrician
- a plumber
- a heating and ventilating engineer
- an air conditioning engineer
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00