Smart Home Installation (Electrical)
Qualified electrical contractors/specifiers or engineers from various construction related disciplines.
Candidates who are currently undergoing/completed training in these areas will also be considered.
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
Candidates working in the above sectors who wish to up-skill to enable them to specify, design, install and maintain such systems in domestic or commercial buildings.
There is an increasing demand for these systems to support the following socio-economic issues: energy efficiency of buildings, supportive accommodation for an ageing population, and adaptable buildings that can be customised to suit the life/work-style and changing demands of the occupants. The course will benefit companies and individuals that wish to align their businesses with these realities, and prepare for the anticipated controls requirements of the 2016 Building Regulations
- Introduction to home automation (domotics)
- Planning a home automation (domotics) project
- System hardware and set up
- Designing an installation
- Wiring up the system
- System integration and programme upload
- More advanced programming and scheduling
- Heating/cooling and light sensor control
- Security and access control
- Graphics displays and energy monitoring
- Powerpoint presentations
- Hardware/software demonstrations
- Practical system specification and design activity
- Practical system wiring and installation activity
- Practical system programming and test activity
- Assisted self study project; sign of a system for a small part of a building of your choice e.g. home, workplace, gym etc.
How is the course assessed
All practical activities and project will count towards certification. On successful completion you will be awarded with a Level 3 Certificate of Competence from Domotics Controls Ltd, ne of the UKs main system suppliers and educators for this technology.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 4 is an extra 2-day course covering audio/video integration and more advanced programming, and level 5 is the full installer certification awarded once the student has successfully completed a real installation.
Individual project-based coaching for managers, specifiers, design/programming engineers and installers is available from Domotics Controls Ltd for companies that wish to add integrated controls and automation to their portfolio of products and services.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various, including electrical contractors, custom installers/system integrators, electrical engineering consultants, energy management consultants, disabled persons support consultants, quantity surveyors
Each student should bring their own PC laptop with wi-fi, and will be provided with copies of the presentation and other associated materials, as well as all software necessary for practicing system programming and diagnostics.
This qualification is recognised by Teletask Domotics System distributors and installers in most of Europe, India, China, Canada, South America, Russia and Australia, should the students wish to seek work in these countries. In addition the students receive a voucher for about £300 towards the cost of Teletask Domotics hardware if they successfully complete the Level 3 course.
How to Apply
You can enrol and pay online for this course. Please click the orange Enrol Now button below.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Thu 19 January 2017
Duration: 10 Week(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Thursday 18:00 to 21:00
Total College Fee: £305.00
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Thu 27 April 2017