BMS Control Systems Theory & Programming
- Basic computer skills
- Sound communication skills
- Interpret and apply technical documents and instructions
- A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we have developed this industry controls
course in conjunction with Innotech Controls Ltd. There is an increasing requirement for
facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as
they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future.
The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals
and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in industry.
Overview of the HVAC systems
- An overview of the controls process.
- Sensors and field devices, what are they and how they are used.
- Understanding how a controller works
- Describe and understand how controlled devices are used.
Introduction to Direct Digital Control (DDC)
- Introduction to DDCs what they are and the functions they can perform.
- Common terminologies associated with DDC controllers.
- Fundamentals of PID Loop control.
- Examining the fundamental programming blocks used to create a DDC configuration.
- What is a DDC program?
- Understanding of DDC logic and how programs work.
- Networking and communication principles.
- Why we create programs
- How to read a specification
- Understanding programming blocks
- Build real world programs
- Using MAXCon the engineering tool
iComm comms server
- Understand the Comms server application
- Simple configuration tips
- Transferring programs to a DDC
- Using simulation DDC
- Testing your logic
- Test and commission DDC programs
- Backing up
- Fine tune your DDC configuration
All software supplied which can be used post training as required.
- Open book assessments
- Hand book and other recourses
- Class based delivery
- 50% theory 50% Practical
How is the course assessed
- 50% theory assessment open book
- 50% practical open book
Where next - Further Studies
- Advanced controls applications
- HVAC BMS applications
- Service and commissioning
- Further Innotech courses
- Home automation Design and Installation (offered at Uxbridge College)
Where next - Job Opportunities
- BMS Servicing
- BMS Applications engineering
- BMS Commissioning
- BMS project design
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.