BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma / Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
5 GCSEs grade A*- C (grade 9 - 4) or above including English, maths and science, or a relevant Level 2 qualification, plus a good school report commenting on attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for people thinking about a career in building services engineering. It gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. This qualification also provides career development opportunities for those already in work, and through articulation to higher education, degree and professional development programmes.
The 90 credit BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and a deeper specialist work-related focus.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in CBE
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in CBE
- Science and Materials in CBE
- Construction Technology and design in Construction Civil Engineering
- Surveying in Construction Civil Engineering
- Building Services Control Systems
- Building Services Science
- Electrical Installation Standards and Components in BSE
Lectures, practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects, assignments and site visits.
How is the course assessed
You'll be assessed on the knowledge you gain, by assignments and written exams.
Where next - Further Studies
Higher education or a professional development programme.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in a specialist area within building services engineering.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person â come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00