Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (C&G 6035-03) & Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation (C&G 3014-04)
- Plumbing 6035 Level 3: requires candidates to hold a Level 2 Plumbing 6035 certificate
- Diploma in Gas Utilisation 6014-04: core skills and knowledge. Does not require any prior trade specific qualification. However, a Level 2 Plumbing qualification would be an advantage. As this is a Level 3 programme candidates should be working at Level 2 maths and English.
Who is the course for
- Plumbing 6035 Level 3 is for learners that have completed a Level 2 Plumbing 6035 programme but have not secured employment in the industry. Candidates can further their knowledge base and gain a recognised certificate
- Gas 6014-04 is only offered at Level 3 and is available to the candidates above (6035 Level 2 completers) or to candidates that have GCSE at grade C and above or equivalent and want to learn about gas and how to become Gas Safe Registered.
Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
Core units include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Complex cold water systems
- Domestic hot water
- Central heating systems
- Plumbing system installation planning
- Sanitation and drainage systems
- Career awareness in building services engineering.
Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation
Core units include:
- Health and safety in gas utilisation
- Scientific principles in gas utilisation
- Combustion and properties of gas
- Buildings, services and structures
- Gas safety.
How is the course assessed
- Plumbing 6035: online exams and portfolio
- Gas 6014-04: exams.
Where next - Further Studies
- Plumbing 6035: level 3 HNC or HND in construction
- Gas 6014-04: find a Gas Safe Registered Engineer to work with and progress onto the 6014-03. On completion you will be gas safe registered and competent in plumbing and gas or go on to HNC or HND.
Where next - Job Opportunities
- Plumbing 6035 Level 3: finding work in the plumbing industry should not prove too difficult
- Gas 6014-04 and with on-site experience required for the 6014-03, you will be a gas safe qualified engineer and highly employable or you can go self-employed.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00