With a growing number of parents working or in education, the demand for high-quality childcare continues to increase. Learn the theory and achieve the practical experience you need to become a childcare professional or teacher in this rewarding sector.
What’s it like in Childcare?
- Weekly work placements give learners a real insight into the high demands of this vital industry.
- You will be well taught by staff that are highly experienced in the sector and can give you the help and advice you need to achieve to the highest standards – you could earn recognition at the annual childcare awards evening.
- Develop your employability skills further by taking part in interview skills training with local employers, fundraising events and participate in the College Enterprise Scheme – last year two students won £2000 and have started their own business.
- Links with external agencies can help you to find temporary work while you learn, providing you with a better opportunity to progress your skills further.
- Former students have gone on to get good jobs in local nurseries, schools and day care settings and many others have progressed onto university, at places such as Brunel University London, University of Roehampton and University of Hull, to complete a range of degree programmes from Primary Education to Social Work and Psychology.
- We have a range courses at Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 – look online to find out your starting point!
"The lecturers are extremely helpful and are always on hand to answer any questions and offer support. As I am dyslexic I often need extra help and the lecturers always have time for me and go that extra mile to make sure I am ok and not struggling with my work. They offer advice, not just work-related but on personal issues as well. My college life is better due to their support."