CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) (VRQ)
5 GCSE passes at A*-C. If your GCSE English or maths results are at grade D, you will be able to resit.
Who is the course for
This qualification is suitable for a range of learners, either working or wishing to work in early years education and care. It is also suitable for those wishing to progress to higher education.
The course incorporates a range of assessment methods including a longitudinal study, internal and external assessments as well as competence in a real work environment.
Course themes include:
- Health and wellbeing
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development.
Placements are required for achievement of this qualification and should be undertaken in at least two different settings.
Learners must achieve:
- 27 mandatory units
- 643 guided learning hours.
How is the course assessed
To gain this qualification the learner will need to:
- Pass all units
- Complete longitudinal study
- Complete 3 externally set and marked assessments.
Where next - Further Studies
CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young Peopleâs Services (England) (VRQ), or other related early years/education degree programmes.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Practitioner in day nurseries/nursery schools/reception classes in primary schools, pre-school worker or home-based child carer.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00