C&G 2382-15 17th Edition Wiring Regulations 15 (Evening)
Electrical Installation related qualifications or experience.
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians with relevant experience and other trades professionals needing to update or demonstrate their understanding of the IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations:BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015
Upon completion of the course the candidate should:
- Implement appropriate protection methods for safety
- Select the most appropriate form of protective device for a given electrical design
- Calculate cable sizes/Assess fault currents
- Understand environmental considerations, special installations or locations which may be part of the electrical design
- Appreciate the tests and testing sequence for completed installation.
Lectures and use of the Regulation Book/Calculations.
Books required by candidate:
IET WIRING REGULATIONS 17th edition (BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-769-4 £80 approx) to be published January 2015. This book must be unmarked.
IET On-Site guide (BS7671:2008: Incorporating Amendment No. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-887-5 £24 approx) to be published January 2015.
How is the course assessed
There is an on-line, 2 hour open book multiple choice test at the end of the course.
Where next - Further Studies
Depending on experience, candidates normally progress onto C&G 2394 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a mandatory requirement in the electrical contracting industry.
Last updated: 30 June 2016
How to Apply
You can enrol and pay online for this course. Please click the orange Enrol Now button below.