NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services – Experienced Worker route (exc. AM2) (flexible start dates)
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
- Candidates who wish to be recognised as a Qualified and/or Approved Electrician through the JIB (ECS Card)
- Candidates wishing to be registered as an Approved Electrician must have also attained a Level 3 Inspection and Testing Qualification e.g. C&G2391, C&G2394/5 or equivalent.
There are 8 practical performance units to be assessed from the real workplace:
- Ensure safe site working
- Diagnose and correct faults in Electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Provide technical and functional information to relevant people about electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
- Prepare to install wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Install wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment using safe and approved methods
- Connect wiring systems and equipment using safe and approved methods
- Inspect, test & commission an electrical installation
We assign a personal assessor to you who will advise and guide you through the assessment process and they will complete the programme with you from induction and target setting through to site based assessment and programme completion.
PLEASE NOTE: the AM2 is not included in this course; it will be the responsibility of the candidate to source and book this test with an accredited centre. Currently the price of the 3 day test is £561+vat and an optional 2 day refresher course can be taken for £175+vat.
How is the course assessed
Each unit must be assessed on 3 occasions using appropriate assessment methodology. The AM2 provides for one of these occasions for units 1, 2, 4 and 8.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE FLEXIBLE START DATES TO SUIT YOU FOR THIS COURSE *
Candidates must complete this course within 12 months of their start date.
Last updated: 18 August 2016
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Offsite: Course Starting Mon 01 August 2016
Duration: 36 Week(s)
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 16:00
Total College Fee: £1495.00