C&G 2395-01 Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection Testing & Certification (Fast Track)
Candidates must have successfully completed the C&G2394 Award in Initial Verification.
Who is the course for
This qualification is aimed at candidates who are already competent in carrying out the initial verification, testing and certification of their own electrical installations and would now like to demonstrate the competence in carrying out the periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
- Understanding the requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations.
- Understanding the requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations.
- Understanding the requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations.
- Understanding the differences between periodic inspection and initial verification.
- Understand the requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service.
- Understand the requirements for testing before circuits are energised.
- Understand the requirements for testing energised installations.
- Understanding and interpreting test results.
- Understanding the requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation.
- Confirming safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing.
- Carrying out the inspection of electrical installations.
- Testing electrical installations in service.
- Producing a condition report with recorded observations and classifications.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q or locally at All Weather Corner, Hayes tel: 0208 573 0300.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required.
Candidates will also require the following books:
IET WIRING REGULATIONS 17th edition (BS7671:2008 incorporating amendment no. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-769-4 £80 approx) to be published January 2015. This book must be unmarked.
IET On-Site guide (BS7671:2008: Incorporating Amendment No. 3:2015 (ISBN:978-1-84919-887-5 £24 approx) to be published January 2015.
IET Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 7th Edition, 2015 (ISBN: 978-1-84919-873-8)
How is the course assessed
Unit 301 - Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (1 hour 20 mins On-line Multiple Choice Exam). This will be one evening following the end of the course (within 2 weeks).
Unit 302 - Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (2 hour) On-line Written Exam). This will be one evening following the end of the course (within 2 weeks).
Unit 303 - Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (2 hr Practical Assessment). This will be on a Saturday following the end of the course (within 4 weeks).
Where next - Further Studies
Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations (2396)
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various jobs in the electrical sector.
Last updated: 30 June 2016
How to Apply
You can enrol and pay online for this course. Please click the orange Enrol Now button below.