Engineers have never been more in demand – prepare for your career in this vast sector. Learn the engineering basics and take your study through to university-level qualifications. Choose to specialise in mechanical or electrical/electronic engineering.
Specialist Engineering brochure: For employers in the Engineering sector with facilities and training opportunities
What's it like in Engineering
- Gain the practical and theoretical skills to start a great career, benefit from visiting speakers from industry and take part in trips and visits to see the world of engineering in action.
- Develop your practical skills with work experience placements preparing you for the workplace.
- Links with major engineering companies including Ultra Electronics Controls, Hale Hamilton (Valves) Ltd, Keysight Technologies, Avery Weigh-Tronix and Amplifier Technology.
- Gain skills for the fast growing sustainable and renewable energy technologies sector.
- Demonstrate your skills and get involved in projects and make products.
- Many of our students go on to prestigious universities including Brunel University London, University of Leeds, University of Hertfordshire, London South Bank University, Nottingham University, Liverpool University, Coventry University, University of Sussex, University of Leicester, University of Southampton and Portsmouth University
- Study in modern and specialist laboratories with soldering irons, test equipment such as multi meters, power supplies, digital oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyser, logic probes and PCB manufacturing to build and test circuits.
- Use a variety of training kits to build and test electrical, analogue and digital electronic circuits, using various techniques.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at TfL, BSkyB, British Airways, Ultra Electronics Controls and National Rail.
- Study in modern workshops with various tools, devices, machines and equipment for manufacturing such as pedestal and pillar drills, lathes, milling machines,band saws, metal cutting, vacuum forming, grinding, materials testing, CNC, 3D printing.
- Use a variety of software packages for CAD/ CAM such as AutoCAD Inventor and robotics simulation.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at British Airways, Ultra Electronics Controls, Brownwell, Hale Hamilton, Acme Engineering (Australia), Thames Water, Schindler, J K Engineering, Schwing Stetter and True Form Engineering.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
“I would definitely recommend Uxbridge College to my family and friends, especially engineering to women. Women are treated equally and made to feel part of the team in all aspects. I am so glad I came here, I have learnt so much and feel I can now confidently progress to an amazing career in Engineering.”
Interested in a career as a plumber? Our new courses are taught in brand new facilities providing the essential skills and knowledge you need to get qualified. Click here to view our students in the workshops.
Higher Education at Uxbridge College
"If you want to move up in your career or are looking for a cost effective route to university, have a look at our Higher Education (HE) qualifications. These high-quality courses are equivalent to one or two years at university and cost a good deal less than full-time degree study. They are also highly valued by employers." - Laraine Smith, Principal of Uxbridge College.