BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including English, maths and science and a school report commenting on your attendance, punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This course is for students who are currently seeking employment at technician engineer level in the electrical, electronics or computer environment.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits
Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Course units include:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Mathematics for engineering operations
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Engineering design
- Principles & applications or electronic devices & circuits
- Electrical technology
- Electronic fault-finding
- Features and applications of electrical machines.
A balance of lecturer, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignment work.
How is the course assessed
All the units are assessed by course assignments which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the BTEC 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (subject to academic performance and attendance) or an apprenticeship. After completing the Extended Diploma, progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in the electronics, power,
control and computer- related areas such as electronics design and development, commissioning, installation, maintenance and fault-diagnosis, computer systems, trouble-shooting, project planning and
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00