BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone working for an engineering company who would like to acquire an industry standard qualification in recognition of their status, or those who would like to progress within the industry. The course is also for those who are currently seeking employment at technician/engineer level in the electrical, electronics or computer environment.
Course units include:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Engineering design
- Principles & applications or electronic devices & circuits
- Electrical technology
- Electronic fault-finding
- Features and applications of electrical machines.
- Engineering project.
A balance of lecturer, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignment work.
How is the course assessed
All the units are assessed by course assignments which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction.
Where next - Further Studies
HNC/D in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Uxbridge College.
Where next - Job Opportunities
- First year course dates: Monday 12 September 2016 to Monday 3 July 2017 (35 weeks)
- The price quoted in this factsheet is for the first year of the course only. A similar amount will be payable in each of the 2nd and 3rd years of the course
Last updated: 18 August 2016
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.