EAL Level 1 Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations with BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Engineering
You should have an interest in engineering, a commitment to working hard plus a good school report commenting on attendance and punctuality, behaviour and commitment.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for students wanting to gain entry into Electrical / Electronic Engineering
You can gain two qualifications on this course.
1. EAL Level 1 Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations
Course units include:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Making components using hand tools and fitting techniques
- Assembling electronic circuits.
2. BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Engineering
Course units include:
- Working safely in engineering
- Developing skills in making engineering components using hand tools
- Developing skills in using a bench/pedestal drilling machine
- Developing skills in electronic assembly.
Explanation of theory , practical work, portfolio building, basic research, quizzes, project work, etc.
How is the course assessed
For Performing Engineering Operations and Supporting Employability and Personal Effectiveness, candidates will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence for each unit.
For Certificate in Engineering candidates will be assessed by completing internally prepared assignments.
All the 3 component courses will be externally verified
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Engineering.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in an electrical/ electronic or mechanical engineering environment.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00