Our courses are suitable for students with few or no formal qualifications, who require support to help them work towards a specific goal or gain a qualification.
GOLDD Project - Great Opportunities: Learning Difficulties and Disabilities.
We are working with Barnet & Southgate College to support young people, aged 16-24 years, living in west London boroughs who are not in education, employment or training and who have a disability and/or learning difficulty. The project is to help young people find a way back into education, employment or training through information, advice and guidance
If you, or someone you know, is interested in finding out more about the GOLDD project please click here for more information.
What’s it like in Foundation Studies?
- Our courses are offered at various levels and designed to provide support to help students develop their skills, whatever their needs or starting point.
- Students gain a range of basic and life skills such as numeracy and literacy, money management, developing confidence and study skills.
- Many students progress onto other courses at the College, into employment or onto further training.
- Friendly staff provide a supportive and caring environment and are on hand to help students meet their challenges.
- We encourage students to get involved and take part in enterprise activities which have included, making products to sell, setting up and staffing a stand selling Christmas cards and gifts, baking biscuits to sell and raising money for charity.
- Preparation for the world of work is important and there are units to help students apply for jobs and interview practice, with the support of our Employment Coach.
"My lecturers are really kind, supportive and respectful. If I ever need any help during or after class they are always free and willing. All the facilities here are good, especially the library. There is everything I need to help me with my course."