UAL Diploma in Creative Media Gaming Design (Level 3)
Who is the course for
Do you want to design the next computer game to hit the shops? Do you have an interest in knowing how games are created? If so this course is for you!
Course units include:
- Sketchbook work and concept art
- Media research and pre-production techniques
- Computer game platforms and technologies
- Digital graphics and computers
- Computer animation
- 3D modelling, animation and environments
- 2D animation production
- Computer design and story development.
Students will work on all aspects of game design working from concept art, story and character development, through to 3D animation and modelling.
They will develop all aspects of games including soundtracks and 2D animation.
How is the course assessed
Continual assessment across a broad range of project briefs through regular feedback and action planning in both practical and written assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in IT - Creative Media Production pathway. After completing the Extended Diploma progress onto a higher education course such as BTEC Level 5 HND Computing & Systems Development - Games Development pathway.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This course is nationally recognised by the design industry, and job opportunities include working in games development, computer animation and CGI work.
Last updated: 29 June 2016
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00