C&G Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (3008-52)
You will be interviewed to assess your suitability for the course and be tested for adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Who is the course for
If you have a passion for creating new hairstyles and dressing hair this course provides you with the skills you need to kick-start your career in the exciting world of hairdressing.
Course units include:
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Create a positive impression of yourself and your organisation to your clients
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Change hair colour using basic techniques
- Fulfil salon reception duties.
Optional units (one must be taken):
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work.
The College has links with local employers and West End Salons.
All students are on work placement for at least one week for the duration of the course.
How is the course assessed
Understanding of theory work is assessed by written questions, projects and assignments, which are completed at the end of each unit and also by oral questioning during practical situations.
Assessment of practical skills is ongoing while working in the training salons.
Students who complete all assessments, exams and assessments/projects early are allowed to leave.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Hairdressing or onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You could gain employment in a hairdressing salon, hotel, department store salon, health hydro or on board a cruise ship. You could work towards opening your own salon or become a technician for a large company within the industry.
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00