Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering (3008-03) units only
Who is the course for
This is the ideal course for qualified hairdressers wishing to gain skills in barbering. Areas covered include barbering techniques, using basic techniques to cut hair, cutting facial hair and drying hair to shape.
This course will cover how to cut and finish hair using basic barbering techniques which includes the use of scissors to create longer layered looks.
Techniques taught will include;
- Longer layered mens hair (Uniform Layers and Long Graduation)
- Shorter layered mens hair (Short Graduation)
- Scissor and clipper over comb
It is advised that you provide your own models during the last four weeks of the course to allow more practice in preparation of the next level of training (NVQ Barbering unit accreditation)
This course is based on practical lessons with some elements of theory learning to recap and imbed previous learning.
How is the course assessed
No formal assessment, but you will be given personal feedback by your tutor.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST ACHIEVE 80% AND ABOVE ATTENDANCE TO RECEIVE YOUR COLLEGE CERTIFICATE
Where next - Further Studies
Successful candidates may wish to develop their skills further and complete the NVQ unit accreditation qualification in Barbering.
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person â come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Sat 12 November 2016
Duration: 7 Week(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Saturday 09:30 to 16:00
Total College Fee: £416.00