Health & Social Care
Train for a career supporting others. If you are committed to succeeding in a caring role, you’re in the right place. Learn the skills required for roles in care settings and prepare to become a health or social care professional.
Teaching staff have had experience in many different health & social care roles so you can find out first hand what it is like to be involved in the sector. Their advice will provide you with great tips and knowledge to perfect your skills in work placements
What’s it like in Health & Social Care?
- Learn from expert teaching staff with experience of a range of health & social care roles. Find out first-hand what the sector is like, plus get great tips and knowledge from them.
- Get involved in exciting and fun activities and make a difference! Students have taken part in fundraising, including organising a cake sale to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Find out what it’s really like and put your learning into practice with a work placement in education, a nursing home or health and care settings.
- Whatever you want to do, our courses provide that essential stepping stone - gain the skills to go into employment or prepare for higher education.
- Former students have put their skills into action through community projects including helping on assisted shopping days and wrapping Christmas gifts in the local town centre.
"I came to Uxbridge College as I had heard lots of great things and knew that it was an outstanding college. The lecturers are very supportive and very experienced in helping students get the best grades possible. They provide lots of encouragement and put in so much effort so we can achieve."