BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended in Health & Social Care
5 GCSEs grades A*-C including English and maths (or equivalent) or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above.
Who is the course for
This course provides a foundation for employment or further and higher education, and is designed for those wishing to follow a career in the caring services.
Year 1 course = 90 credit Diploma.
Year 2 course = a further 90 credits providing in total a 180 credit Extended Diploma.
Students will study the following core units in year one.
- Developing effective communication in health & social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health & social care
- Health, safety and security in health & social care
- Development through the life stages.
Work experience is an integral and compulsory part of the course and students will be assisted in finding a work placement during their course.
A variety of methods including lectures, discussions, independent research and practical activities.
How is the course assessed
100% internal assessment for each unit includes a mix of written assignments and recording/observations of practical work and presentations. The development of functional skills in maths and English is also integral to success and is assessed.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care. After completing the Extended Diploma progress
onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in residential care, healthcare or community work. Students
can also work whilst studying by completing an apprenticeship.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00