Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (4270-13)
Working in a garage, Carrying out a range of vehicle repair and diagnostic activities.
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
The VCQs in Automotive Maintenance & Repair is a practical qualification that demonstrates your skills on the job, in your own workplace.
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment.
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment.
- Skills in Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices in the
- Automotive Environment.
- Inspecting Light Vehicles using Prescribed Methods.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults.
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying of Automotive Vehicle Auxiliary Faults.
Course will be delivered as a combination of class based theory lessons and site based assessment.
Candidates must attend all theory based lessons which will be on a Monday evening (1800 hrs till 2100 hrs). Note: There will be no lessons in July & August.
How is the course assessed
On line exams, Assignments and Portfolio Building/Assessment on site.
Where next - Further Studies
C&G 3428-02 Awad in MOT Testing (Level 2)
C&G 3428-03 Award in MOT VTC Managers (Level 3)
Where next - Job Opportunities
M.O.T Tester, Supervisor, senior mechanic
Last updated: 18 August 2016
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.