Aiming to be part of the next big music sensation? Want to produce a chart-topping download or work as a sound engineer? If you’ve got your sights on a career in the music business, hone your practical and technical music skills on one of our courses.
What’s it like in Music?
- Use industry-standard software, such as Logic ProX and ProTools, to record, edit and mix the classics or your own original material.
- Rehearse and record in our soundproofed studios using the latest technology, supported by expert sound technicians.
- Staff will share their experience of the music business, providing practical and theoretical classes to help you develop your skills to write your own compositions and perfect your performance skills.
- Play out to live audiences – gigs are set up at a range of venues so you can perform different styles of music to a variety of audiences.
- Students have set up their own record label – Versa Recordings – and have formed bands - one of which won a silver medal in the prestigious national Worldskills competition.
- Live briefs and industry experience are at the core of this course - projects include working with Encyclopaedia Britannica who commissioned our students to compose music for their website.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
"My lecturers are really cool – everything is explained really well and they provide lots of help and support. They are friendly with a good sense of humour – they are the best lecturers ever and they make learning fun! They are genuine musicians like us!"