UAL Diploma in Music Technology (Level 3)
Who is the course for
This course is for those who wish to continue to develop a career as a music technologist. An interest in sound and a love of music of all styles are pre-requisites of this course.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Listening skills for musicians
- Musical sequencing
- The functional music keyboard
- The sound and music industry
- Sound creation and manipulation
- Audio engineering
- Special subject investigation.
The aim is provide a good theoretical and practical understanding of music technology. This includes sound creation, sampling, music sequencing, recording techniques and sound operations.
You will collaborate with others to create (at least) an albumsâ worth of material over the two years.
In addition to College attendance, students must be prepared to commit at least five hours study time per week.
How is the course assessed
Each unit is assessed through practical assignments and project work. You will be expected to be self-reflective and able to evaluate and critique your work and others.
A good level of written work is expected as you will need to produce word processed reports and evaluations.
Last updated: 29 June 2016
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Hayes Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Hayes Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00