Who is the course for
This course introduces the primary concepts, terminology and applications of the PRINCE2 methodology culminating in an opportunity to sit the on-line examination for the PRINCE2 Fundamentals certification. This enables students to study further for the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification.
The course introduces the fundamental âintegrated elementsâ of the PRINCE2 philosophy, specifically:
- Principles - the primary methods for planning and managing projects
- Themes - the essential components of the project management process
- Processes - the set of activities that must be performed at each stage of the project planning and management process
- Conditions - tailoring the PRINCE 2 philosophy to suit the specific context of a project.
In addition, the course starts with an evaluation of key project characteristics, the functions of a project manager and the main variables that need to be controlled â costs, timescales, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
The course is largely taught via lecture/presentation, punctuated with exercises on the principles discussed. Sample certification test papers are used to check understanding of the PRINCE 2 methodology and a reference manual is also recommended for home study.
How is the course assessed
Progress is assessed through written exercises during the course. Candidates have the option to take the PRINCE2 Fundamentals certification examination at the end of the course. This examination is done on-line and takes one hour. There are 80 multiple-choice questions of which 55% must be answered correctly to pass the exam.
Where next - Further Studies
Passing the PRINCE2 Fundamentals examination permits candidates to proceed to the next level of qualification â PRINCE2 Practitioner, which is accepted as the minimum professional level certification.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Please note that the PRINCE2 Fundamentals exam is not included in the price of the course. An extra £150 would be payable should you wish to take the exam at Uxbridge College.
For further information please contact our Information, Advice & Guidance team on 01895 853333.
Last updated: 8 July 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.