Who is the course for
This course focuses on the applications in real project scenarios, of the PRINCE2 methodology and concepts. It deals with processes for the management of budgets, schedule, risk, quality, changes, and the delivery of benefits for which the project was established in the first place. A PRINCE2 Fundamentals certificate is required before starting this course, and is also a prerequisite for sitting the Practitioner certification examination
The course builds on the subjects covered in the PRINCE 2 FUNDAMENTALS course, demonstrating the applications of the methodology to actual project case scenarios. The intention is that candidates become familiar with combining the PRINCE 2 principles, themes, processes and conditions in realistic situations.
The course is largely taught via lecture/presentation, punctuated with exercises on the principles discussed. Sample certification test papers are used to check understanding of the PRINCE 2 methodology and a reference manual is also recommended for home study.
How is the course assessed
Progress is assessed through written exercises during the course. Candidates have the option to take the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification examination at the end of the course. This is a paper-based examination which takes two hours. There are 80 multiple-choice questions of which 55% must be answered correctly to pass the exam.
Where next - Further Studies
- Introduction to Project Control â Hands on course, delivered at the college, to put the methodologies learnt in to practice using ASTA Project Management software
- PRINCE2 Agileâ¢. This is for combining PRINCE 2 with âagileâ methodologies which are often employed in fast-changing project environments as those often found in software development and corporate change management
- APMP (Association for Project Management Professional) certification. This expands the project management knowledge to include factors such as leadership skills, contracts management, financial planning, and other specialised subjects
- MSc in Project Management.
Some universities will accept PRINCE 2 Practitioner qualification as a pre-requisite to course entry. Other qualifications may also be required.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Please note that the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is not included in the price of the course. An extra £200 would be payable should you wish to take the exam at Uxbridge College.
For further information, please contact our Information, Advice & Guidance team on 01895 853333.
Last updated: 8 July 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.