BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Applied Science (Forensic Science)
4 GCSEs grades A*-D including core and additional science, English and maths or a Level 1 science course with GCSE grade D or above in English.
A satisfactory reference may be required.
Who is the course for
This exciting course is primarily intended for students who are hoping to follow a pathway in science. Students will normally study one additional GCSE (typically mathematics or English) alongside this qualification.
Course units include:
- Chemistry and our Earth
- Energy and our universe
- Applications of chemical substances
- The living body
- Biology and our environment
- Monitoring the environment
- Chemical analysis and detection
- Science in medicine.
The course is a mixture of laboratory based practical work supported by theory
How is the course assessed
All units are assessed by coursework which is internally marked and externally moderated.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Forensic Science).
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students may be able to gain employment as an entry level science technician
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00