BTEC Foundation Diploma in Applied Science
5 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including maths, core and additional science, or a relevant Level 2 Diploma (with merit) in Applied Science plus GCSE grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) in maths and grade A*-D (grade 9 - 3) in English. A satisfactory reference may be required.
Who is the course for
This exciting course is suitable for students with a strong interest in a practical approach to biological and chemical sciences.
Course units include:
- Fundamentals of science
- Working in the science industry
- Scientific investigation
- Scientific practical techniques
- Perceptions of science
- Application of numbers for science technicians
- Mathematics for science technicians
- Physiology of human body systems
- Medical physics techniques
- Forensic psychology
- Criminal psychology
- Criminal investigation procedures.
The course involves taught lessons, practical classes, portfolio building sessions and workshops. Students are expected to work on their coursework outside their timetabled classes.
How is the course assessed
All units are assessed by coursework which is internally marked and externally moderated.
Where next - Job Opportunities
It is also possible to progress into employment in a science related industry.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00