BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science
Who is the course for
This exciting course is suitable for students with a strong interest in a practical approach to biological and chemical sciences.
To acheive this qualiification you must complete at least 12 units over two years, many of which involve lots of laboratory work.
Typical units include:
- Scientific investigations
- Scientific practical techniques
- Perceptions of science
- Physiology of human body systems
- Medical physics techniques
- Applications of forensic psychology
- Criminal psychology
- Microbiological techniques
- Using mathematical tools in science.
How is the course assessed
All units are assessed by coursework which is internally marked and externally moderated.
Where next - Further Studies
Students with Merits and Distinctions can progress to an HND or degree in a science related subject.
Where next - Job Opportunities
It is also possible to progress into employment in a science related industry.
Last updated: 29 June 2016
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00