Build on your love of sport and fitness to prepare for a rewarding career in the industry or to go on to university. Combine your practical sports aptitude with theoretical study skills to gain a highly recognised vocational qualification.
What’s it like in Sport?
- Learn from expert lecturers with industry experience, who have worked in the sport, health and fitness industry as coaches, personal trainers, sport rehabilitators and professional sports people.
- Former students are working as personal trainers, coaches with professional development programmes, sports development officers, PE teachers, as a professional footballer in Brazil and one former student owns 3 PT gyms in London!
- Many students have progressed on to higher education at UK universities studying sports science, sports rehabilitation, sports coaching, and sports management, plus students have also gained sports scholarships to US universities.
- Develop your practical skills in fantastic facilities including a sports hall, two outdoor multi-use pitches, a fitness centre with a strength and conditioning area that includes lifting platforms, squat rack, speed gates plus the latest technology to analyse sport performance.
- Improve your employability skills with work experience opportunities and find out first-hand what it’s really like to work in the sector.
- Get involved in residential and outdoor-based activities to enrich your course. All courses involve a day trip to a sporting venue and/ or participate in a sporting activity, such as mountain biking, skiing and golfing.
- If you play football, cricket, basketball or netball at a competitive level you can join our Sports Academies and participate in competitive matches to develop your practical skills further.
"The sports facilities at the college are really good. We have everything we need to get the best out of our studies such as the hall, gym, Muga and 3G pitches outside. The lecturers are all very friendly and understanding and always try and give the best advice on what to do especially with regard to our future career/ education decisions"
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.