BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure
3 GCSEs grades E or above including English and you will also need to provide a good school report/ reference.
If you do not have formal qualifications but have appropriate experience you may be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
Course units include:
- Taking part in sport
- Assisting at a sport or active leisure event
- Working in sport and active leisure
- Taking part in exercise and fitness
- How the body works
- Planning own fitness programme
- Assisting a leader of sports or active leisure activities to plan and deliver an activity.
You will also study a Level 2 Award in Sports Leadership and the 1st for Sport Level 1 Award in Principles of Coaching.
You may also have the opportunity to take various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions. The course has a high practical element.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport or apprenticeships in a sporting capacity such at fitness instructing or activity leadership.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure centre attendant, assistant sports coach or play
worker in an after school club.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00