CYQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym)
Who is the course for
This course is for those looking to gain their first job as an instructor in the fitness industry.
It covers theory and practical including exercise and fitness theory and gym instruction plus planning and teaching effective and safe exercise lessons.
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults - both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed
Candidates will be involved in both theoretical and practical study, classroom and gym based. A workbook will be used to log progress.
How is the course assessed
- Multiple choice theory paper/eAssessment
- Practical examination
Where next - Further Studies
Progress onto Level 3 Personal Trainer course
Where next - Job Opportunities
Progress into the Fitness Industry as a Gym Instructor.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.