BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport
4 GCSEs grade D (grade 3) or above including English. You will also need to provide an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, progress to a Level 3 course, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
Students will study some of the following modules:
- Fitness for sport and excercise
- Practical sports performance
- Carrying out a sports-related project
- The mind and sports performance
- The sports performance in action
- Training and personal
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course including reports, projects, 2 online multiple choice exams, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate, however high achievers (merit/distinction) may progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma / Extended Diploma in Sport. You can also go onto an apprenticeship in sports development or fitness instructing/personal training.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure attendant, assistant fitness instructor and other roles in the health and fitness industry.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00