C&G Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry (4959-03) and C&G Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry (4955-01)
4 GCSEs grade E or above including English.
You will also need to provide a good school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those wishing to gain employment in the travel & tourism industry.
Course units include:
- The UK travel industry
- The UK tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Locational geography
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Recommending holidays to suit customersâ needs
- Promotional materials for travel and tourism
- Providing information on a tourist destination
- Preparing for employment in travel and tourism.
Students will also study Level 1 Exploring the Aviation Industry.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will include a residential stay within the UK. You may also undertake a one week work placement within the travel industry.
How is the course assessed
Course work, assignments, time-constrained assignments and practical applications of skills. .
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism, City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism or apprenticeships.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in a range of travel and tourism organisations.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00