C&G Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4976-04) & Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew (4883-02)
5 GCSEs grade D (grade 3) or above including English, or a relevant Level 1 course at distinction grade, plus a good school report/reference. If you do not have formal qualifications but have appropriate experience, you will be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for students who would like to gain employment in the airline industry or enhance their studies in travel and tourism. It provides an additional qualification for students wishing to work as cabin crew.
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4876-26)
Course units include:
- Customer service and selling skills for travel and tourism
- Promotional activities for travel and tourism
- Meet and greet services
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations.
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew (4883-02)
Course units include:
- Airline health, safety & security
- Aircraft emergency situations
- Dealing with passengers on board an aircraft
- Cabin service and selling techniques
- Making passenger announcements on board an aircraft.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will also involve an overseas residential trip. You will also undertake a one week work placement within the travel industry.
How is the course assessed
The course is assessed through written reports, online tests, role plays and other practical activities.
Students must pass ALL UNITS in order to gain overall achievement on the course.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism or a C&G Level 3 Diploma / Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You will be in a strong position to become cabin crew at a
variety of airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Easyjet.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00