C&G Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4976-04) & Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew (4883-02)
4 GCSEs grade D or above including English or a relevant Level 1 course at merit grade.
You will also need to provide a good report/reference.
If you do not have formal qualifications but have appropriate experience, you will be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for students who would like to gain employment in the airline industry or enhance their studies in travel and tourism. It provides an additional qualification for students wishing to work as cabin crew.
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4876-26)
Course units include:
- Customer service and selling skills for travel and tourism
- Promotional activities for travel and tourism
- Meet and greet services
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations.
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Cabin Crew (4883-02)
Course units include:
- Airline health, safety & security
- Aircraft emergency situations
- Dealing with passengers on board an aircraft
- Cabin service and selling techniques
- Making passenger announcements on board an aircraft.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will also involve an overseas residential trip. You will also undertake a one week work placement within the travel industry.
How is the course assessed
The course is assessed through written reports, online tests, role plays and other practical activities.
Students must pass ALL UNITS in order to gain overall achievement on the course.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma course in Travel & Tourism or C&G Level 3 course in Travel & Tourism.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You will be in a strong position to gain employment as cabin crew and many of our past students are now working as cabin crew for a variety of airlines
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 05 September 2016
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00