Hire a Meeting Room
Course Code: 17AM1S
Type: Part Time
Who is the course forCandidates who have already achieved the 17th edition qualification prior to July 2011 and who need to update their knowledge of the first amendment to these regulations these are changes due to come into force on 1st January 2012.
- Measures against electromagnetic disturbances - new Section 444
- Devices for protection against overvoltage (surge protection) - new section 534
- Medical locations - new Section 710
- Operating or maintenance gangways - new Section 729
- Model forms for certification and reporting - Appendix 6
Study MethodsCandidates will be given a handbook containing all the changes in this amendment and the lecturer will go through these changes in detail in form of an interactive presentation.
How is the course assessedThere is no formal assessment required for this course.
Where next - Further StudiesVarious CPD courses in electrical installation.
Where next - Job OpportunitiesDesigner, specifier, engineer, electrician, electrical contractor, maintenance technician, project manager or tutor/trainer in these areas.
- Course Fee: £75. This is a Full cost commercial course all students pay fees, no concessions available.
- Candidates will be given a college certificate of attendance on the successful completion of this course.
- Candidate should bring with them their current BS7671:2008 wiring regulations (red book). Although it is expected that all personnel working in this sector should in time purchase the new version of these wiring regulations (green book) it is not necessary for this course.
How to ApplyTo apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Sat 22 September 2012
Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Sat 26 January 2013
Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Sat 27 April 2013