Foundation Studies offers a range of courses and study programmes aimed at people who, for a variety of reasons, have few or no formal qualifications.
Students work towards a number of goals, including basic and life skills such as numeracy and literacy, money management, travel in the community, developing confidence and study skills.
Courses are aimed to suit the student's needs and offer the support needed to help them develop. Students can progress on to other foundation studies courses, work towards ther courses at Uxbridge College or go into employment.
Staff are on hand to help students meet their own challenges and provide a supportive and caring environment.
What's it like in Foundation Studies?
- Students have helped with projects in the community including cleaning up the local environment and helping to promote facilities in the area
- Skills in retail and working with money have been developed when students have set up and staffed stalls at the College selling cards, crafts and gifts
- Students have been involved in performing on stage and designing the backdrops for their performances
- Employability skills are taught on the courses preparing students for the world of work, including help with applications and preparing for interviews
- To read about the latest stories, activities and achievements in the Foundation Studies School newsletter