Learn the skills to build on your love of sport for a rewarding career, or progress on to higher qualifications.
Our courses offer you the chance to combine practical sports skills with the theory needed to work in the industry. Lecturers all have backgrounds working in the sport, health and fitness industry, many as coaches and some as professional sports people.
They can provide you with the skills to support you and help you excel in both the practical and academic aspects of your subject. We operate Sporting Academies which are linked to major clubs and offer coaching from club professionals.
Brand new state-of-the-art sports and leisure development
Our new £6m Sport England standard facilities opened in November 2010. The facilities include:
- A hall for sports including 5-a-side football, cricket, basketball, netball and volleyball, complete with a full-size electronic scoreboard
- An outdoor Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) including a basketball/netball court and a 5-a-side pitch
- A new fitness centre boasting the latest cardio and resistance training equipment with special membership rates for students
What's it like in Sport?
- The College supports top class sports people including footballers who have been signed to clubs and athletes who represent their nation in international competitions
- Footballers have played international friendly matches with Australia
- In the last academic year the basketball team were undefeated in the London Pioneers League
- There are opportunities to study for additional coaching and fitness qualifications
- Students have the chance to participate in sports days and other sporting activities
- To read about the latest stories, activities and achievements in our School newsletter