Uxbridge College Basketball Academy in collaboration with Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club
The Uxbridge College Basketball Academy is a full-time programme of study combined with professional basketball development and coaching to a high standard. The programme offers structured training and games and is aimed at 16-18 year olds (Years 12, 13, 14) who can choose from a wide range of academic and vocational subjects. There is also the opportunity to gain the England Basketball level 1 coaching, table officiating and referee’s award as well as other coaching qualifications.
The Uxbridge College Basketball Academy is working in collaboration with the Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club. Students benefit from a range of opportunities offered by being in association with the Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club, including free entry to all first team matches, opportunity to play in the National League, guest speakers, work experience and the opportunity to have your basketball skills and ability developed by qualified Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club coaches.
In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, the players train at least twice a week, and get the chance to play in the Academy Basketball League as well as various cup competitions and tournaments.
What you can expect
- Excellent pastoral care and advice through the college’s EPR (Employability, progression and review) tutorial system.
- Outstanding academic provision from the college.
- Excellent Careers and Guidance programme.
- Excellent Basketball education through the coaching and games programme, including technical and tactical development, physical and psychological development.
- Expert basketball advice from Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club
- Guest speakers from Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club and other basketball and sports professionals.
- Injury and rehabilitation management through a sports therapist.
- Ongoing sports performance management and analysis.
- Expert nutrition advice and guidance.
- Opportunity to play in matches in the National League for the Thames Valley Cavaliers Basketball Club
- A Training kit package.
- At least two coaching sessions per week – currently on Monday and Tuesday mornings.
- Sports therapy sessions on Mondays.
- Strength and conditioning session on Fridays.
- Tactics and match analysis session on Fridays
- Competitive fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday.
|PM||Training, Sport Therapy Sessions||Training||Basketball fixture||Lessons||
Training, Strength and
Conditioning, Tactics and match analysis
- Higher Education – University study.
- Access to and guidance with University study in the USA and scholarship programmes.
- Full-time and part-time employment.
Find out more and book a trial
Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.
Sports Academy Interest Form