Uxbridge College Cricket Academy in collaboration with Uxbridge Cricket Club
The Uxbridge College Cricket Academy is a full-time programme of study combined with professional Cricket development and coaching to a high standard. The programme offers structured training and games and is aimed at 16-18 year olds (Years 12, 13, 14) who can choose from a wide range of academic and vocational subjects. There is also the opportunity to gain the ECB level 1 coaching award as well as other coaching qualifications.
The Uxbridge College Cricket Academy is working in collaboration with Uxbridge Cricket Club. Students benefit from a range of opportunities offered by being in association with Uxbridge Cricket Club, including the opportunity to play competitively for Uxbridge Cricket Club, guest speakers, work experience and the opportunity to have your Cricket skills and ability developed by qualified Uxbridge Cricket Club coaches.
In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, the players train at least once a week, and get the chance to play in the AoC Competition and the Middlesex Cup as well as various cup competitions and tournaments.
What you can expect
- Excellent pastoral care and advice through the college’s EPR (Employability, progression and review) tutorial system.
- Outstanding academic provision from the college.
- Excellent Careers and Guidance programme.
- Excellent Cricket education through the coaching and games programme, including technical and tactical development, physical and psychological development.
- Expert Cricket advice from Uxbridge Cricket Club
- Guest speakers from Uxbridge Cricket Club and other cricket and sports professionals.
- Injury and rehabilitation management through a sports therapist.
- Ongoing sports performance management and analysis.
- Expert nutrition advice and guidance.
- Opportunity to play in matches in for Uxbridge Cricket Club.
- A Training kit package.
- At least one coaching session per week – currently on Thursday afternoons between January and July.
- Sports therapy sessions on Mondays.
- Strength and conditioning session on Fridays.
- Tactics and match analysis session.
- Competitive outdoor fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday in the summer term.
- Competitive indoor fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday in the Autumn and Spring terms.
Lessons, Sports therapy sessions
|Lessons||Cricket fixture (indoor or outdoor)||Training||
Lessons, Strength and
- Higher Education – University study.
- Full-time and part-time employment.
Find out more and book a trial
Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.