Uxbridge College Football Development Centre in collaboration with Chelsea FC Foundation
The Uxbridge College Football Development Centre is a full-time programme of study combined with professional football development and coaching to a high standard. The programme offers structured training and games and is aimed at 16-18 year olds (Years 12, 13, 14) who can choose from a wide range of academic and vocational subjects. There is also the opportunity to gain the FA level 1 coaching award as well as other coaching qualifications.
The Uxbridge College Football Development Centre is working in collaboration with the Chelsea FC Foundation. Students benefit from a range of opportunities offered by being in association with Chelsea Football Club, including visits to watch Chelsea first team, youth and under 23 matches, guest speakers, stadium tours, work experience and the opportunity to have your football skills and ability developed by qualified Chelsea FC Foundation coaches.
In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, the players train at least twice a week, and get the chance to play in the AoC Sports league and the Middlesex FA Cup, as well as various cup competitions and tournaments. The success and quality of the Football Development Centre is highlighted by the fact that both the Uxbridge College first and second teams continuously finish in the leading positions of their respective divisions and the second team being crowned 2017/2018 Middlesex champions.
What you can expect
- Excellent pastoral care and advice through the college’s EPR (Employability, progression and review) tutorial system.
- Outstanding academic provision from the college.
- Excellent Careers and Guidance programme.
- Excellent Football education through the coaching and games programme, including technical and tactical development, physical and psychological development.
- Professional football advice from Chelsea FC.
- Guest speakers from Chelsea FC and other football and sports professionals.
- Injury and rehabilitation management through a sports therapist.
- Ongoing sports performance management and analysis.
- Expert nutrition advice and guidance.
- Opportunity to play in matches at the Chelsea FC training ground in Cobham.
- A Training kit package.
- Links to various local non-league football clubs.
- At least two coaching sessions per week – currently on Monday and Tuesday mornings.
- Sports therapy sessions on Mondays.
- Strength and conditioning session on Fridays.
- Competitive fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday.
|AM||Training||Training||Football tutorial (tactics, match analysis)||Lessons||Lessons|
|PM||Lessons, Sports therapy sessions||Lessons||Football fixtures (first team and second team)||Lessons||
Training, Strength and
"Our coaching team are an experienced, progressive group of UEFA A and B licence coaches with real-life experience at all levels of the game and a strong track record of developing young players and successful teams. All players will have the opportunity to develop their technique, skill, creativity and game understanding in a supportive learning environment."
Alex Hardy, Football Coach
- Higher Education – University study.
- Access to and guidance with University study in the USA and soccer scholarship programmes.
- Full-time and part-time employment.
Click here to find out about upcoming football trials
Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.
Sports Academy Interest Form