Uxbridge College Netball Academy in collaboraton with Blaze Netball Club
The Uxbridge College Netball Academy is a full-time programme of study combined with professional Netball development and coaching to a high standard. The programme offers structured training and games and is aimed at 16-19 year olds (Years 12, 13, 14) who can choose from a wide range of academic and vocational subjects. There is also the opportunity to gain the Netball level 1 coaching award as well as other coaching qualifications.
The Uxbridge College Netball Academy is working in collaboration with Blaze Netball Club. Students benefit from a range of opportunities offered by being in association with Blaze Netball Club, including opportunity to play competitively in the National League, guest speakers, work experience and the opportunity to have your basketball skills and ability developed by qualified Blaze Netball Club coaches.
In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, the players train at least once a week, and get the chance to play in the AoC Netball League as well as various cup competitions and tournaments.
What you can expect
- Excellent pastoral care and advice through the college’s EPR (Employability, progression and review) tutorial system.
- Outstanding academic provision from the college.
- Excellent Careers and Guidance programme.
- Excellent Netball education through the coaching and games programme, including technical and tactical development, physical and psychological development.
- Expert Netball advice from Blaze Netball Club.
- Guest speakers from Blaze Netball Club and other basketball and sports professionals.
- Injury and rehabilitation management through a sports therapist.
- Ongoing sports performance management and analysis.
- Expert nutrition advice and guidance.
- Opportunity to play in competitive matches for Blaze Netball Club.
- A Training kit package.
- At least one coaching sessions per week – currently on Monday afternoon.
- Sports therapy sessions on Mondays.
- Strength and conditioning session on Fridays.
- Tactics and match analysis session on Wednesdays
- Competitive fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday.
Tactics and match analysis
Training, Sport Therapy Sessions
Training, Strength and
Conditioning, Tactics and match analysis
"The Netball Academy places strong emphasis on building a strong and resilient team, as well as encouraging each player to achieve her own individual level of excellence. Coaching per week includes skill, tactics, and techniques in preparation for our matches. We were London Regional winners for 2019 and represented London at the AoC National Championships, we would love for you to join our academy and help us repeat 2019 history!"
- Higher Education – University study.
- Full-time and part-time employment.
Find out more and book a trial
Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.