Face Coverings -  Onsite Teaching -  Lateral Flow Testing -  Exams & Assessment -  COVID Safety on Campus
 Click here for full details on what you need to know
Surge Testing - click here for information


For information on summer assessments, including grading and appeals - click here

Proposed College Merger - click here for information 

Learning Support offers a cross-college service in Hayes and Uxbridge to students needing additional support. To find out more about the Learning Support Team and how we support our students, watch our film and read below:

This support is primarily available for those students with specific needs, learning difficulties and disabilities, including dyslexia, moderate learning difficulties, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and autistic spectrum disorders.

Support may take the form of:

  • One to One lessons - an extra lesson on your timetable with a Learning Support Lecturer. This lesson will help you to develop your skills in areas such as, planning and drafting assignments, proof reading, spelling, reading and numeracy.
  • Drop in Sessions - These sessions are held at various times in the week and offer you the opportunity to ask a question or get some help, if you cannot wait until your next learning support lesson or if you just want to do some self study and ask for help if you need to.
  • Exam Concessions - If you are entitled to special arrangements exams (extra time, reader, scribe etc) these can be put in place but we must have plenty of notice to do so.

Please click for further information on Support if you have an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) or a Learning Difficulty/Disability.

Please click for our Learning Support Policy.

How is support arranged?
If you have a specific difficulty you should have already been referred to us, but you can refer yourself or be referred by your tutor. We will arrange an interview for you to assess your support needs and work out how we can help you.

Make an appointment
If you are considering attending Uxbridge College, set up an appointment with the support team to discuss your learning needs and view the facilities available.

Uxbridge: Room A010
Tel: 01895 471132

Hayes: Room L108
Tel: 01895 853651

Contact details for SENCO
SENCO:        01895 853419
Transition:     01895 853415
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Further information:
London Borough of Hillingdon local offer can be viewed via this link: http://directory.hillingdon.gov.uk/kb5/hillingdon/fsd/localoffer.page

Learning Support for Students Studying HE
Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia

You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010.

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income.

If you ticked the Disabled Students’ Allowances box on your student loan application, you will receive a DSA1 application form with your basic details already filled in. Otherwise you can download the form from the Student Finance website. If you only want to apply for DSAs and no other type of student finance you need to complete a DSA1 application form which you’ll be able to download at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.

Please apply early as the application process for DSAs can take around 14 weeks.

Any student who has not applied in time for their DSA funding may jeopardise their enrolment on their course, or may not have the support they need at the start of the course.

Further information:

  • The government's information on disabled students' allowance is available here:
  • Click here to view the West London Assessment Centres information leaflet
  • Contact the college by email at:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 01895 853746.