Name: Sanjay Suri
Home Town: Ruislip Manor
Job Title: Business Manager
Department: Engineering. The department runs more than 50 courses covering a range of subjects areas including mechanical engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, motor vehicle, electrotechnical technology (electrical installation), and security systems.
Start date at College: September 2006
Educated at: Langley College of Further Education in Slough, University of Glamorgan in South Wales, Thames Valley University.
Qualifications: BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering and a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems.
Industry experience: Mr Suri has spent 14 years in the engineering industry in roles including sales/contracts engineer, sales co-ordinator/account manager, and commercial liaison manager. He has worked for Schneider Electric Ltd, a multi-national company which manufactures all equipment used in supplying electrical power.
His penultimate role was with A E Petsche Co Inc, an electrical distributor, which managed 893 franchises worldwide for supply to the aerospace and military industries.
Some career highlights: Handling contracts for equipment used in electricity supply to:
* Airbus 380: The new double decker plane needed 3 miles of electrical wiring.
* Channel Tunnel: 350 electrical transformers were needed to supply the project - a new housing estate needs one to five transformers.
* Hong Kong Airport: 57 electrical transformers were needed to supply the airport.
* Great Man-made River Project: The $25bn river was built in the Yemen to supply hydroelectric power, drinking water and irrigation.
* Utility companies: Managed contracts with 11 major utility companies in the UK/Channel Islands.