AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting with LIBF Level 2 Certificate in Financial Planning
3 GCSEs, including English grade 3 (Grade D) or above and GCSE Maths grade 4 (grade C) or above or a relevant Level 1 qualification. You will also need to take an entrance test in literacy if you have grade 3 or below (grade D) in GCSE English, or have foreign GCSE equivalents to 9-4 (grade A*- C) in English and maths, or if it has been more than two years since GCSE grades were achieved. You may also be asked to do an entry test in numeracy, should the interviewer feels that it is beneficial.
Who is the course for
If you are you good with numbers, like to keep things balanced and have an interest in accounting this course provides you with the skills demanded by employers. You will achieve a nationally recognised qualification which can lead onto the full AAT Accounting qualification and AAT membership.
AAT course units include:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Working effectively in finance.
IFS course units include:
- Unit 1: Personal Financial Encounters (PFE)
- Unit 2: Money Management Solutions (MMS)
- Unit 3: Personal Finance Management.
Learn bookkeeping transactions & controls, elements of costing and a wide range of skills from money management solutions to personal finance management.
How is the course assessed
There is a computer based exam for each of the units. In addition, learner would need to complete 40 hours of accounting related work experience.
Where next - Further Studies
AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Accounting support staff, finance assistant/administrator, Payroll Administrator or Trainee Accounts Technician.
Last updated: 31 October 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.