AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Full achievement of AAT or Accounting Level 2 qualification at merit or above.
Who is the course for
Accountancy staff who wish to gain a professional qualification and students progressing from Level 2.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Advanced bookkeeping
- Final accounts preparation
- Management accounting - Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Spreadsheets for accounting
- Ethics for accountants.
The emphasis is on practical, work-based situations, with the aim of improving students theoretical understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy. Students are provided with question banks which they are expected to use in the class as well as at home.
In addition to College attendance, students must be prepared to commit at least five hours per week.
How is the course assessed
There is a computer based exam for each of the units. Previous completion of similar units could be accredited.
In addition, learner would need to complete 40 hours of accounting related work experience.
Where next - Further Studies
AAT Level 4 in Accounting, on to university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a finance assistant, accounts assistant or trainee accountant. finance assistant, payroll supervisor, tax assistant.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.